Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tracking Asteroids

I like the idea of tracking asteroids over a time to see if I can figure out how far they move and see if I can calculate where they will be next time I check. what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think this would be a fun and interesting project..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Have you tried to find out which ones are visible in our night sky this summer and fall? What sized telescope would serve you? What length of time would you need to photograph it for? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could use the Stellarium program (on your computer) or TheSky software (on the observatory computers) to look for what asteroids are visible in our night sky this summer & fall. I would be happy to help you with that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.