Monday, April 12, 2010

CMS Astronomy Research Blog

I began this project after the state science fair by asking Dr. Danny Dale from University of Wyoming if he would be willing to participate in this discussion.  He agreed (see his reply to my email - shared with his permission) and said he would talk to a colleague.  Dr. Chip Kobulnicky agreed to participate as well (see his email comments shared here with his permission).  Finally, I invited Dr. Bruce Watne from Northwest College to participate and he agreed as well.  So, lets begin the discussion!

Dr. Dale:

Hi Peter,
Thanks for contacting me.  It does indeed sound like a fantastic (and
rare) opportunity for the students.  I would be happy to contribute
ideas, and I will see if any of my colleagues would also be interested.
Best Regards,
Danny


Dr. Kobulnicky:

Likewise, I'd be happy to offer ideas and help from a distance if I
could.  We ought to get them here for a visit to the Wyoming Infrared
Observatory some time.
Observing asteroids is a good project for a small telescope.

Chip

1 comment:

  1. Okay so even if we have a small telescope we can still do a project? That's the thing with me though I always have trouble picking a question for science fair that deals with astronomy. I love the stars, but I never seem to be able to find a good quality question that I can answer and explain.
    Thank you for being able to help us, this really means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.